First – we are following the State of Colorado mandates of wearing masks in the studio and being six feet apart. We ask that you wear your mask while moving about the studio. If you have condition that permits you from wearing a mask while exercising, we legally cannot ask what that condition is or for you to wear your mask while practicing. If you are not wearing a mask we will assume you have a condition that does not permit you too and you will be respected. However we ask that if you do not wear a mask and you have been sick AT ALL this year please enjoy our online classes. We understand we are in high altitude where breathing can already be a challenge for some without the mask so if you have remove to take a breather that is okay. There are no more than six to a class and most of our classes are virtual to help everyone keep their distance. After every class we are sanitizing the entire studio and not allowing any use of studio props at this time. Due to the nature of COVID-19, there is no way we can guarantee anyone’s safety, or the possibility of contracting COVID-19 while practicing yoga at Yoga House. With that being said, we have initiated a higher protocol expected from our students, instructors and studio to mitigate those risks. PLEASE READ IN ITS ENTIRETY IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING TO PRACTICE DURING THIS TIME.
Last year, before cold and flu season, Yoga House consulted with the Montrose County Health Department on what steps the studio could take to be more mindful of as there is no mandatory protocol for yoga studios like there is for the food or health and beauty industries. We recognize now that those steps are incredibly important, however we want to go the extra mile and have implemented a mountain of new protocol.
- All the yoga props have been washed and disinfected (even though at this time, they are not available for use)
- THERE WILL BE NO USE OF STUDIO PROPS AT THIS TIME.
- FEEL FREE TO BRING ANYTHING THAT WILL HELP YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WHILE YOU PRACTICE.
- We have had the entire yoga studio (front/back/inside/out) professionally cleaned and disinfected and will continue to have the studio professional cleaned weekly
- We have informative COVID-19 signs on our front windows, bulletin boards & bathroom
- We have our screen door on the back door so classes can have fresh air during practice
- We will not be offering Hot Yoga TILL FALL WHERE WE WILL HAVE AN EVEN BIGGER MOUNTAIN OF PROTOCOL FOR EVERYONES SAFTY. Coming soon.
- We will however to begin implementing a Warmed Mellow Flow heated to about 80 degrees
- Our schedule is increasing with more offerings as our classes are filling up
- Instructors will not offer hands on assists, face towels or eye pillows
- Floors will be mopped, door handles and all surfaces that have been touched will be wiped down after each class
PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF:
* UPDATED *
- We ask that if you believe or know you may have been in contact with COVID-19 that you refrain from attending studio classes (we currently are offering monthly unlimited virtual classes for $22, this special will stay intact indefinitely.
- If you work in the health care industry, but not necessarily in the hospital and have not been exposed, have not had a fever or have been short of breath in the previous two weeks, we ask that you please wear a mask during class if you can
We miss our community dearly as we rebuild during this shift, know that it will be wonderful to see you whether it be in person or virtually! Because of all the precautions, it feels different and that’s to be expected, however we are doing our best to help everyone feel comfortable and safe at this time. We are in this together! COVID-19 has changed how we operate as a society and we are using our best tactics of non attachment, aparigraha, at this time. We are opening our hearts to this shift in deep surrender and we want to remain a lighthouse of hope and beckon of bliss for our community, with that being said we ask that you do your part as well so that our doors can remain open. Know that you are loved and our appreciation for you is still the same! Thank You for being here with us as we couldn’t do this with out you.